Vorlesung "Geometry of Manifolds"
- Friday 2 - 6 pm in INF 205, SR 3
In this lecture, I will explain why geometry has an important role to play in the theory of low dimensional manifolds in addition to the use of purely topological methods. In particular, I will introduce some of the amazing works of Thurston and discuss the various geometries which can arise in manifolds.
Please register at MÜSLI.
| ||Time ||Place|
|Dr. Gye-Seon Lee||Wed. 11:00-12:00||INF 205, Room 03.328|
Please send a short e-mail to me before your visit.
|03. 05. 2017||Homework 1|
|23. 05. 2017||Homework 2|
|13. 06. 2017||Homework 3|
|05. 07. 2017||Homework 4|
There will be an oral exam on the 21st of July.
This lecture will be taught in English.
- Benedetti, Petronio: Lectures on hyperbolic geometry.
- Kapovich: Hyperbolic manifolds and discrete groups.
- Martelli: An introduction to geometric topology.
- Matsuzaki, Taniguchi: Hyperbolic manifolds and Kleinian groups.
- Ratcliffe: Foundations of hyperbolic manifolds.
- Thurston: Three-dimensional geometry and topology; Volume 1.
- Thurston: The geometry and topology of three-manifolds.
Last updated: 05.07.2017