Office 3/321, 3rd floor
Im Neuenheimer feld 205
I am a Junior Professor at the Universität Heidelberg. Before that I was a Bateman instructor at Caltech.
My research is in differential geometry, Teichmüller theory, and geometric structures.
I am also interested in general relativity and other connections to physics.
In spring 2023, I am teaching Differential Geometry I at Heidelberg.
I am a contributor to the project Organic Materials by Geometrical Design at the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies.
I am co-organizing Heidelberg's HEGL community seminar.
Publications and preprints
- Exact enumeration of Fullerenes. (with P. Engel, J. Goedgebeur).
- Horospherical dynamics in invariant subvarieties. (with J. Smillie, B. Weiss, and F. Ygouf).
- Unstable minimal surfaces in symmetric spaces of non-compact type. (with N. Sagman).
- Completeness of convex entire surfaces in Minkowski 3-space. (with F. Bonsante and A. Seppi).
- Unstable minimal surfaces in R^n and in products of hyperbolic surfaces. (with V. Markovic and N. Sagman).
- Complete CMC hypersurfaces in Minkowski (n+1)-space. (with F. Bonsante and A. Seppi). To appear in Comm. Anal. Geom.
- Entire surfaces of constant curvature in Minkowski 3-space. (with F. Bonsante and A. Seppi). Math. Ann. 374 (2019), 1261-1309.
- On the bordification of outer space. (with K.-U. Bux, K. Vogtmann). J. London Math Soc. 98, Issue 1 (2018), 12-34.
- The number of convex triangulations of the sphere by triangles, squares, or hexagons. (with P. Engel). Geom. Topology. 22, No. 5 (2018), 2839-2864.
Teaching in Heidelberg
Teaching at Caltech
- Math 109c, Spring 2022
- Math 157b, Winter 2022
- Math 157a, Fall 2021
- Math 191c, Harmonic maps and integrable systems, Spring 2021
- Math 109b, Winter 2021
- Math 109a, Fall 2020
- Math 157a, Winter 2020
- Math 109b, Winter 2020
- Math 191c, Harmonic Maps, Fall 2019
- Math 157a, Winter 2019
- Math 157b, Spring 2019